Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pray for Me


I will pray for you;
I hope you pray for me.
However should we keep our course
Upon this tempestuous sea?

Resist the waves of bitterness
That eat a cankerous wound,
Which twist and bore within our souls
To bring about our doom.

Let’s persevere the tempest
Springing panic in the night
When we weep upon our bed,
Engulfed in breathless might.

And keep from us the cutting words
Bearing venom for our brother;
For Christ the Judge stands at the door,
Commands us love each other.

And when we grow so weary,
Shall we clasp each other’s hand?
For it’s in the bond of unity
We make our valiant stand.

I will pray for you;
I know you pray for me.
However shall we keep our course,
Except on bended knee?
                           
                                                  D. Borkert ‘00

No comments:

Post a Comment