Monday, February 9, 2015

Clothes: Day 1

I really don't think clothes will be a problem for me. It might be for the poor souls who work with me by the time I wear the same pair of pants to school all week. The kids will be glad that Friday's a half day.

I'm not a clothes person, but I think I gave more thought to the 7 items I'll wear this week than I did on my 7 foods. And, speaking of food: EVERYTHING TASTED SO GOOD TODAY. There was a cheese log in the teachers' lounge that I had to force myself to not eat the whole thing. We did NOT have eggs for breakfast. I never thought oatmeal could taste so good, and Kari said she did not have oatmeal (she'd had it the last 7 days). The godly girls agreed, it was a wonderful day to eat. At 10:00 I emailed Jay and said, "There's a cheese log in the lounge" ...Why do they call that room a lounge?... oh, well... "There's a cheese log in the lounge, and it's going to be a good day." It's the little things. I need to remember it's the little things that I should find pleasure in.

But, back to clothes. Last week I lost 2 pounds (thanks to the peaches I didn't eat) and can fit into a dull green, nondescript pair of pants. I'd thought I'd rotate a skirt and pants every other day, but if I wear the pants all week, that will give me the option of 3 shirts instead of 2, which might make me look like I'm not throwing on the same old clothes everyday.

One has to think these things through. Saturday is the Valentines Dance, and I'm definitely not wearing the green pants there. My dress (1/7 of my wardrobe) is taken, but it's worth it. Shoes: tennis shoes. That makes 2.

3. dull green pants
4. red blouse
5. gray sweater with a hood (I'm banking on this unseasonably warm Colorado weather to hold out for the week.)
6. brown shirt
7. another shirt (I decided today to forgo the skirt for a different shirt.)

By the way, I am not dancing in tennis shoes. We were allowed 2 pair to count as one item.

It was interesting to see Nia without earrings on today. (I've never seen that before.) And actually, I can spend more time thinking about what jewelry to wear than the clothes I put on, so I should get ready faster this week, for which Jay will be grateful.

FYI: Undergarments do not count (or we would have little else on). The godly decided that pajamas counted as underwear. The real 7 woman slept in her clothes, but I would have just turned up the heat on the electric mattress pad and done without.

I think I have clothes under control--that is unless I gain 5 pounds in the next 2 days and can't zip the dull green pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment