Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Food: Day 3

I've discovered that I've made a serious mistake on my selection of foods. The godly girls consulted their mothers when coming up with their foods. I should have done the same. Not finding the canned apricots at the, not one, but two, big box stores should have been a sign. There should have been a sign that said, "Do not substitute canned peaches for apricots. They are NOT the same thing."

There were good reasons for choosing a fruit in syrup, and, yes, it was the syrup. So, when I had to strike a food item to make way for for the flex item, I cut the rice. What sane person would do that? It does not matter how many peaches one eats in a day, they simply do not hold you over.

Jay says I'm already a 7 failure. I've spent more time obsessing about food in the last 3 days, than if I just ate everything in sight. I'm afraid he's right, but today I did not cheat. Today, when I confessed I'd eaten green beans, Cobi admitted she'd had a handful of gummy worms last night. The rest just stared at me. I think they'll keep me on the straight and narrow for the next four days.

How anyone could do this for a month is beyond me. And it has already been decided we're eating at the Roadhouse on Monday.

Though--when I turn up my nose at the peaches, it does remind me that the world is full of people who would LOVE to have a half cup of peaches twice a day.

Tonight's supper: Enchiladas WITHOUT the enchilada sauce, rice (today's flex), leftover chicken, and an egg. I can go to bed with a clear conscience. (Even the author of the book said tortillas were bread; that's a dictionary definition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment